Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Vending Machines


Thirsty? How about a nice cold glass of Sweat? -Pocari Sweat that is. It’s a sports drink. I tried it yesterday; it’s okay but not great. The title is the best part. Japanese vending machines and use of English (reality its Engrish) makes me laugh.

I’ve been collecting crazy vending machines pictures. Been thinking about making them a weekly feature but that seems like too much of a commitment. I have too many for a monthly picture and bi-weekly sounds funny. So for now vending machines images and engrish signs will be random events (perhaps depending on popularity I might be the only one who finds these funny).

Word Up: Oishii –taste good

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Who would have thought of doing a daily or weekly thing on vending machines in Japan, only our Liz.
Glad to hear from you, I finally had time to check out your site. So good to hear about your experiences. Praying for you, love you,

Brenda

jen said...

How would you pronounce oishii? Joel Currie called me "oh-ee-shee" all summer at camp, and it looks like they might be pronounced similarly. That's funny. :)

And I love your crazy Japanese vending machines. It makes me laugh.

Xaven said...

I was wondering when you were going to start that - a good first Engrish posting - keep it up!

Also, while you're Engrish hunting... if you spot (and snap a pic of) a Japanese guy with a mullet... why I think I'd pay you.... in KFC and Orange Juice.

Amy said...

Ha ha...I checked out the Engrish site and it had me laughing out loud :) thanks for sharing!

Robin said...

Mmmm... Sweat. Personally I like Calpis.

Warrior said...

Liz, I love the Engrish site and I've been on the lookout here aw well. I came across a funny food object thing that I'm going to post in the next few days. make me laugh again funny girl!

Anonymous said...

The school that I work at, though in Canada, has an amazing ESL course. So more than half of our students are from asia. They have the best engrish T-Shirts ever!

Elizabeth said...

Yeah for everyone who loves Engrish, there will be more to come

Brenda, good to have you stop by. thanks so much for the prayers. they mean the world to me.

Jen, its more of an oyi-shee. And there will be more vending machines to come.

Damien, what about a she-mullet. I might find one of those faster. For i would greatly love to be rewarded with KFC and Orange Juice.

Whitey, I do prefer calpis and the name makes me giggle

Lastly, Greetings Chad. Nice to have a reconnection to Zion Hill friends.