Thursday, August 03, 2006

Gedo Senki

Maki and I went to see the newest release from Studio Ghibli, the company that brought us Totoro, Kiki, and the Howl’s Moving Castle. The biggest difference this one wasn’t director was not the acclaimed Hayao Miyazaki but rather his son.

I really enjoyed it. Only I have next to no idea what happened because my Japanese isn’t that good. I did recognize a few words but not enough to understand. Maki tried to explain after but that didn’t really work, she did a good job but there were just too many themes to explain. Still good times. I did like it. Some of the editing choices were interesting haven’t decided what I think of that. The movie is based off the Earthsea’s series I think the Farthest Shore. Thinking about reading them when I get home.

Then we went shopping and dinner. Can’t believe tonight is my last night in Japan. I hate packing.

3 comments:

matthew said...

I watched a short clip of Gedo Senki after I read your post. The animation looks very beautiful.

Hope your final hours in Japan are awesome and you find some stresslessness. That's a fun word.

Maki said...

If I will go to your house tomorrow night,you will not be there...
Nobody lives...
I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!!
Very sad...

Elizabeth said...

very very sad.
i can't believe it either.
saddness