Monday, July 03, 2006

Shopping Trip

The hot weather during celebrations, fireworks, and yukatas. Yukatas are thinner kimonos worn in the summer. Yesterday my friend Noriko and her daughter went shopping with me to help pick out a lovely yukata with traditional looking shoes. We visited five different shops with so many different yukatas. They were beautiful. There were every type of colour and different patterns. Some were traditional and less traditional. We saw one that was black with checked strips...for the punk-kimono look? Here is a some pictures from the day:
Noriko and her daughter.

Hello Kitty is everywhere!

And here is the days purchase:

5 comments:

Steph said...

you look beautiful Liz! I'm jelous! I also have good news for you about your lay-over :)

Robin said...

Bucket it creepy. You look good, though, Liz.

Elizabeth said...

its creepy Bucket, cause yukatas are for girls...there is a "guy" kumono but they are very simple, normally a grey pattern. so you want to be a Japanese-kumono-wearing-cross-dresser?

Thanks Steph, I'll connect with you to learn the details.

Also thanks Robin...i made pie. did you lose the use of articles while here?

Anonymous said...

You look very cute!!
And your Yukata too.
I have a black and purple Yukatas.
I want to wear the Yukata and go to festival with you!!

-Maki

Elizabeth said...

Ah, Maki, I would love that. You will have to help me learn how to put it on. Kayoko-san helped in the above picture