Saturday, July 29, 2006

Last Days...

Classes are over and Grace is on summer vacation. This week each day was a good bye to a different group of students and today was the hardest of them all. It was the kindergarten’s finial concert. I think the year ended strong. They did "The Little Red Hen" very cute. The parents also got to see some of the activities we’ve done over the past year. Then came the good-byes. The whole thing is surreal, just odd. Really hard to believe especially because these children have been a large part of my life in Japan.

Started packing this afternoon. I hate packing, I still have a week here but I needed to start now. Then was supper with Steve, Tiffany and Maki. It was our last night as a group. Steve and Tiffany fly to Canada tomorrow for a month break. Tiffany will be taking on the kindergarten class when she returns in Sept. I will miss them. Tomorrow at 6am I set out to achieve a personal goal. I’ll have pictures when I get back…if I survive and succeed.