Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Baby Hot, Hot, Hot!

It’s getting hot, very hot! Just thinking causes one to break out in a sweat. The humidity sticks like a thick blanket of heat. As a glasses wearer I’ve come to expect moments of "foggyness" due to moving from cold to hot. Traditionally this has been from outdoors on a cold winter’s day to indoor but not today. Tonight my glasses fogged up when I stepped out of Maki’s nice air-conditioned car into the muggy outdoors.

In other news: there have been more good-byes. Finished my last class with the ladies tonight. We had a movie night after as a last ha-rah. Kindergarten classes are going very well this week. We are preparing for the children’s end of the year concert on Saturday. Steve and Tiffany head back to Canada for a short vacation on the 30th. They will be returning to Japan for another year at Grace. I am dreading packing. Yesterday I learned to roll sushi and prepare okonomiyaki…yummy!

Word Up: Hashi -chopsticks

3 comments:

matthew said...

it is hot everywhere, we are all melting!

jen said...

i heard once that if you walk backwards (into a hot room from the cold or vice versa) that your glasses won't fog. however, i don't wear glasses so i don't really know from experience. plus it would be interesting getting out of a car backwards... haha :) glad you're getting in your last few good experiences before heading back to canada. please say hi to everyone there for me! and i need to see ALL your pictures when you get back. haha and all your other souvenirs, too.

Elizabeth said...

Matthew, I know you're right. Its actually the humidity I am having a hard time adjusting too.

Jen, I look forward to sharing the pictures. Will pass on the hello and I haven't forgotten the water in lip, just haven't picked it up yet. Oh and started to write a new pogo story.

lastly, i've tried the whole walking into a room backwards, it only succeeded in making me look silly, while more silly then normal.