Sunday, April 30, 2006

Birthday Joys


My 25th birthday has come and gone. It was the longest birthday ever –well about a day and a half from when it started here in Japan and ended in Canada. My friends here made it a great time for me. Yoko took me out for lunch and surprised me with a cake. Funny thing, every now and then Yoko and I stop by a bakery. Two weeks ago when she was in they asked her how I was doing because they missed me. She let them know my birthday was coming up. As a result they learned to say "Happy Birthday" and gave me some wonderful baked good. I love Japanese bakeries. I was also able to share a birthday meal with a few of my students at Grace. And Maki and I had tons of fun that night. A wonderful birthday.

Golden week has started. So I have the next few days off from teaching. We're going on an adventure and will be back in two days. Stay tuned.

No comments: