Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Life in Point form

ADDED NOTE: this was posted two days ago but I had forgotten to mention that I did finally see Narnia. One of my students just loved Aslan. For the most part I liked it and enjoyed it. I alway have a hard time accepting movies if I've read the book, nothing beats my own imagination. Thanks Kirk for the warning on the killer beavers.

-I’m back! Internet is here again. Not only that it’s in my room, that’s right I have internet in my room and its wireless. The wireless would be much cooler if my apartment was big enough to actually move around.

-Last week joined Noriko and her children for a picnic and to see the plum blossoms, not as cool as cherry blossoms by Japanese standards but still very beautiful.

-The joy of the past two weeks has been spending time with my Japanese friends. Yoko and I went out for cakes and lunch last week and plan to go out again next Monday. And I’ve been really enjoying getting to know Maki. It’s good to have friends.

-My good friend/language teacher Hitomi moved this weekend to a church over a half-hour away. It’s a good move for her, but I will miss her.

-Weather has been gray and rainy. I miss the sun.

-This coming Saturday will be the Spring Play for my preschool class. I am a little worried.

-Saw a traditional Japanese musical instruments concert thing.

-I think I need a flickr account. Till then below are some pics from the park and concert.

Word Up: Uma –Japanese Plum Blossom

4 comments:

Combs said...

it's gorgeous, I just wish things would bloom around here now. That would definatly make the running more worth it.
A.T.H.

Robin said...

Flickr is overrated.

jen said...

Yay! You saw Narnia!!

Elizabeth said...

Yes it was a very happy thing. Oh, Jen...I have something funny to tell you, expect an email over the next week.