Friday, December 23, 2005

On the Throne

This week one of the students took me out to eat. The restaurant was in a mall so we did some Christmas shopping and such. Just before we ate nature called and I went in search of a public bathroom (I am very thankful the sign for toilets is internationally understandable). Walking in there was a strong odor, which made me think that I was going to be squatting over the ever popular floor toilet. That was not the experience. There was a very western looking toilet with a nice seat sanitizing/cleaner dispenser on the wall.

But this wasn’t your ordinary western john. It was a super-high-tech-get-out-your-owners-manual toilet. On the right hand side there was a panel with lights and buttons. I felt like was preparing for a NASA launch. Not sure what most of the lights and buttons did. The pictures seemed to indicate "bottom-washers" and "bottom-blow-dryers". The biggest surprise was sitting down the seat was heated! (Electrically heated not from someone else going just before me). It was an experience. For more on high-tech toilets go here.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

that's incredible liz...i need to go there now...

Anonymous said...

Hey Liz, just wanted to say Merry Christmas!! I hope you are enjoying your time away... I miss seeing you at church!! Justin is moving away to Toronto (we just found out last week) and I'll be going after the wedding, but I'll come back someday and I want to hear all about your experiences then! Have a great Christmas, and a wonderful New Year!!

Steph said...

that's hillarious! leave it to the Japanese to make going potty a technological experience!

Elizabeth said...

To the Jew, you want on of these seats for those cold frosty Maine mornings!

Amy, wow Toronto. That will be a huge adventure for you. And I can't wait to see you again.

Steph: I hear that some toilet seats have remotes. How crazy is that!

His Beloved said...

Wow Liz! Sounds like quite the experience! haha I hope you had a great Christmas!
~Amy :)

Kirk said...

Ok I need one of these toilets seats to go in my car. Do they make a portable version?

Rachael said...

I remember my first tech toilet experience...I was in awe...and yes I did push buttons to see what would happen...lol. Interesting..things ocurred....hahaha.