Friday, November 18, 2005

Squirrel Park

Editors Note: I tried to add some of the pictures from the day last night but had too many issues. In great frustration I went to bed hoping that a new day will bring better results. And it did. Below this post are a few photos from our adventure. There are also so interesting ones posted on Steve and Tiffany’s blog. Nov 19

Another fun preschool field trip. Today we visited Squirrel Park, where you can actually hand feed the squirrels. There were also some beautiful botanical gardens and a cool play structure, which I adored. I had as much fun playing as the kids did.

In other news Sumo is back. This tournament started six days ago. Kotooshu isn’t doing the greatest, he’s the one I cheer for so that is sad. Asashoryu, the autumn tournament winner is doing really well, he was the one that beat Kotooshu in the finials last tournament. Looks like Asashoryu is going to take his seventh championship, which will be a new record.

Word Up: Risu –Squirrel. In Japanese "r" sounds almost like an "l". So it sounds like "li-su". Most Japanese words end with a vowel sound, so Liz is turned has been into "lizu". Therefore, I am a squirrel?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's my squirrely cousin.

Robin said...

Well you are pretty little.

Amy said...

cute picture, Liz! you look great!

Warrior said...

Liz, there are two Korean's in my language class here, (Korean is similar to Japanese in that everything ends in a vowel sound.) So everytime they talk to me I'm Joshie. Yeah, it' s not my favorite name in the world, but it might be better than squirrel.