Monday, November 14, 2005

I Think I’m Turning Japan…

Our day off was spent with friends of Hitomi’s, who took us to visit a wonderful woman for green tea, cakes, and a time of dress up. Eating Japanese sweets is always fun, you never know what you are going to get. I tried one treat that had a bean-paste filling…yumm! The best part of the afternoon was dress up time. I felt like a little girl getting ready for a special party. The lady (I was never able to pronounce her name right, so she will just be known as the lady. Sorry) dressed Tiffany and I in traditional kimonos. I couldn’t help feeling very elegant and beautiful, yet it hard to breathe and walk. It was much fun.

Word Up: Yon/shi –Four

8 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Xaven said...

Liz, Liz, Liz - You know, it doesn't surprise me that you look like you fit in with the komono. Props, Friend, props.... looks really good

Warrior said...

you go girl!

Anonymous said...

You look quite elegant with your hair up and the kimono of course! It sounds like a fun time, like dressing up complete with hat and gloves for an English tea. I would have liked to be there with you. I am enjoying all of the Japanese culture you are sending. Do you know that the best glass beads (Toho Company)to use are made in Japan(headquarters in Hiroshima)? Take care.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Rachael said...

Liz, You're adorable in that Kimono. Its so awesome to see you having such a cool experience.

Anonymous said...

Hey Liz, I've been trying to get my act together and write you for weeks now, finally I can jot a quick note here. Sounds like you've had tons of amazing experiences and the Lord is working. I've been praying for you, and hope He continues to bless the rest of your time. Miss you! Take Care

Jo said...

Elizabeth Stewart. You are so elegant looking in the Kimono. :)