Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Umbrella Posse

The proper use of an umbrella is a true art form. It takes a special grace and talent to use which is acquired from dedicated practice –not really, just frequent use. It rains so much here that the average person has mastered the use of the umbrella. I have seen people riding a bike while balancing an umbrella. It is impressive.

I am not an umbrella master. I learned that yesterday on our first sightseeing outing. It was a rainy gray day so we each need to carry an umbrella. As a group we looked like the "Umbrella Posse". Good times.

Highlights from the day are:
- Lunch at Subway!
- The multi-level bookstore in Namba with a small English section. I bought two English books, which made me very happy.
- Osaka Castle was beautiful. The artwork and woodcarvings were so intricate and the view of the city from the top was impressive.
- My first taste of green tea ice cream. Yummm!

Word up: Ohayo gozaimasu –good morning

No comments: